I was really impressed with the Mina Loy project we read about this week. One of my biggest takeaways was the amount of money and the amount of labor it takes to do a DH project justice. The Mina Loy project received a $75,000 grant from the NEH, had teams of undergraduate students across multiple universities working on the site as part of a class, and had several funded professors, and graduate student positions dedicated to working on the project. Earlier in the semester we looked at several projects that had great bones but that seemed to lack funding for long term maintenance because we ran into broken links and issues with old embedded flash features, etc. Though maybe it’s not a fair comparison as the Mina Loy project isn’t that old yet because it launched in 2020, so maybe it will be a different story if we check back in another three or four years. As far as the actual website goes, I found it to be a really successful layout – it felt like the user experience was considered at every turn. I really liked having multiple site navigation bar options – one for those who like to scroll and a fixed bar at the top of the page for those who like to jump right to specific content. I was also impressed by the layers of work behind each click as I went deeper into the website like how all of the carousel photos click out to their own story map with more detail about the image. This site sticks out to me as a kind of ideal model and would be an example I’d show to anyone wanting to see the full potential of a completely fleshed out digital humanities project.